Home Banking News
Our conversion to real-time homebanking went pretty smoothly. We have however noticed 2 glitches that I want to make you aware of:
1. New loans disbursed between April 1, 2014 and June 30, 2014 are showing an incorrect balance in the homebanking transacation history. Please call the credit union to obtain your true balance if your loan was opened between this period.
2. A few members were missing transactions that should have been posted on June 30 during the period the system was down. Please check your history and resubmit transactions that missed a JUne 30 posting.
Now that the conversion has been made you'll notice the transaction history is abreviated. You should still be able to see all your statements. Also, the first couple of times you log into the system expect it to be a little slow as we complete the security verifications and updates on your log on account.
With the real-time system, you should see the transactions on your account updated every 15 or 16 seconds, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Don't forget to register your email address so that you can reset your own passwords even when we are not available.
Thanks for your continued patience as we make improvments to our services.
Many people have questions regarding their actual account balance. To help resolve these questions we ask that each time you log into home banking you take the time to check the current and available balances that appear on the first page which displays. If there is a difference between the two numbers, please remember that it is the available balance that you need to use to determine how much money you have left in your account.
Discrepancies between the available and current balances reflect pending hold amounts that have been placed on your account by vendors where you have made transactions. It can often take up to 5 business days for the merchant to release those holds, typically however they are released within 3 business days. Using the current balance may result in the activation of the courtesy pay privilege and the associated fees.
The two balances will continue to be visible when we switch over to the real-time home banking processing.
Security Feature Reminders:
- Failed attempts with password or security questions will result in lock outs
- Passwords need to be changed every 90 days and they are case sensitive
- Security questions are case sensitive and incorrect answrs will cause lockouts
- Register your email under the security setting page for each member number to be able to reset you own passwords. Emails must be an exact match.
Check out our "Whats New" tab.
See our Vehicles for sale
Realtime Debit Card information
Courtesy Pay Privilege information
Changes to Home Banking
What is Covered Bridge Credit Union?
The Covered Bridge Credit Union is a small non-profit cooperative in south-eastern Vermont. We are affiliated with the Association of Vermont Credit Unions and the Credit Union National Association. The Covered Bridge Credit Union is owned by members who are united in a common purpose – saving money together, making loans to one another at low interest rates, and providing various services and benefits for each other.
We invite you to browse our website to find out more information on the Covered Bridge Credit Union, and discover how we can serve you. Please feel free to Contact us if there is any way we can assist you.
Who May Belong?...
Membership in the Covered Bridge Credit Union is limited to the following:
- Residents, taxpayers, or persons employed in the Vermont towns of Hartland, Reading, Weathersfield, Windsor, and West Windsor
- Relatives (by blood, marriage, or adoption) of members
- Employees of the Covered Bridge Credit Union
How to Join...
Either drop by our office (160 Main Street, Windsor, VT) and apply, or Contact us by phone, fax, postal mail, or electronic mail for information.
You will be required to sign a membership card and make a minimum deposit of $25.00. One (1) share is $5.00 and we ask that you keep a minimum of five (5) shares in your account at all times.